Havana, December 10 (RHC-PL), -- A resolution by the Cuban Labor and Social Security Ministry (MTSS) will allow foreign persons who are not resident in Cuba to work in the Special Development Zone of Mariel.
The document states that companies doing business with the Development Zone, will be able to directly contract foreign workers not resident in Cuba, to a limit of 15 percent of the total number of workers in the Development Zone.
The measure is detailed in MTSS Resolution 21, 2016, published on December 8th in the National Gazette (www.gacetaoficial.cu).
The resolution is in addition to Law 313, passed in September 2013, which allows foreign companies to directly hire foreign workers who do not reside in Cuba, to run or lead technical posts.
- Sao Paulo Forum pledges regional unity and integration
- Dilma Rousseff: Lula is our hope
- Trump announces that he will seek re-election
- Fidel Castro: Neoliberalism is nobody's alternative
- Ralph Gonsalves urges regional unity toward peace and sustainable development
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3400
- today: 1649
- online: 135
- total: 4929352