Havana, March 21 (RHC)-- Cuban President Raúl Castro has sent a message of condolence to his Peruvian counterpart Pedro Pablo Kuczynski in the wake of human and material damage caused to the South American nation by heavy rains over the past several days.
President Raúl, on behalf of the Cuban government and people, expressed our sympathy and solidarity with the families of those who lost their lives and all those affected by the natural disaster.
Meanwhile, the Cuban embassy in Lima told President Kuczynski that the Cuban government is ready and willing to accept and immediately process any request for assistance from Peruvian authorities.
Cuba has responded positively to any request for aid Peru has made in the past. Those were the cases of the massive earthquakes in 1970 and then again in 2007. On both occasions, Cuba sent medical brigades and other humanitarian aid.
- Cuban civil society debates agenda of upcoming Summit of the Americas
- Kenyan business executive says Cuba is a great place
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Manipulated minds can equal secured votes
- Cuba pledges continued use of ITs for social justice goals
- RHC's Music Program 'From Havana' (Duo Buena Fe)
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3933
- today: 3150
- online: 110
- total: 4476830