Havana, April 28 (RHC)-- Cuba has reaffirmed its unwavering, unconditional support for the people of Venezuela and their constitutional President Nicolás Maduro, in view of attempts by foreign-backed right-wing sectors to destabilize the South American country.
The Cuban Foreign Ministry (MINREX) issued a statement in which it denounces and condemns the latest attempt by the Organization of American States (OAS) to violate Venezuela's sovereignty and independence.
MINREX said in its statement that the call for a meeting of OAS foreign ministers to harass the Venezuelan government is consistent with the OAS' traditional role as an instrument of imperialist domination in the hemisphere.
The MINREX statement recalled that the OAS kept silent every time regional peoples have been the victims of political and economic attacks, even military intervention and in the face of serious violations of democracy.
The Cuban foreign ministry stated Cuba's firm support for the Venezuelan decision to withdraw from the OAS, after Caracas resolutely confronted attempts by the organization and its Secretary General Luis Almagro to interfere in Venezuelan internal affairs, demonize Bolivarian leaders and destabilize the South American nation.
- President Raul Castro Congratulates Nicolas Maduro on PSUV´s Electoral Victory
- Council Members of the U.S. Cities of Tampa and St Petersburg Attend Business Forum in Cuba
- Confusion Prevails in Catalonia
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- World Food Program Praises Cuba's Record in Face of Natural Disasters
- Sochi Hosts World's Biggest Youth Event
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4823
- today: 2202
- online: 208
- total: 3836172