Havana, May 31 (RHC-PL) -- The 9th International Conference on Renewable Energy, Energy Saving and Energy Education 'CIER 2017' began sessions in Havana Wednesday.
The event runs through June 2nd with the participation of experts from some 20 countries, including Ecuador, Qatar, Turkey, Nicaragua, Mexico, United States, United Kingdom, Germany, Canada, Spain, Chile, France, Colombia and Argentina.
The program includes five international workshops on wind energy, hydrogen as an alternative fuel, photo-voltaic solar energy, biofuel and biomass.
By 2030, Cuba plans to raise the share of renewable energy in its energy matrix to 24 percent. It currently stands at almost four percent, with the remainder depending on fossil fuels.
The event has been organized by the Center for Studies on Renewable Energy Technologies CETER and sponsored by the Electricity Engineering and Projects Company, the Cuban Ministry of Higher Education, the CubaSolar group, the World Wind Energy Association, the Global Event Parnets, Havana Club International, and other entities.
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran June 3, 20200
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 03, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 02, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran June 1, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 01, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran May 31, 2020
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 6701
- today: 3418
- online: 230
- total: 8082021