Havana, August 16 (RHC-PL)-- Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro paid a visit to Cuba during which he honored National Hero, Jose Marti, and revolutionary leader Fidel Castro, on the 91st anniversary of his birth this Sunday.
Maduro visited Santa Ifigenia cemetery in Santiago de Cuba and was accompanied by President Raul Castro. Cuban Foreign Minister Bruno Rodriguez was also present during the tribute.
The visiting Venezuelan president laid flowers before the tomb of José Martí and in front of the granite stone holding the ashes of Fidel Castro.
President Raul Castro escorted Nicolas Maduro during a brief tour of Santa Ifigenia Cemetery.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4844
- today: 1037
- online: 305
- total: 6753262