Havana, October 2 (RHC-PL)-- The Confederation of Cuban Workers, the CTC, has called for a massive day of voluntary work on Saturday, October 7th, in response to President Raúl Castro's call in the wake of Hurricane Irma.
In a statement published in the daily newspaper Trabajadores, the trade union federation said that the objective is to promote tasks that require a decisive effort and contribute to the country's recovery.
The main efforts of the mobilization will be food production, construction work, sanitation and cleaning up work centers, communities and cities, among others.
The Confederation of Cuban Workers said that the day of volunteer work will also be a tribute to the 50th anniversary of the death in combat of Ernesto Che Guevara, killed in Bolivia on October 8, 1967.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4950
- today: 4535
- online: 226
- total: 6665352