Vallegrande, October 5 (RHC)-- A Cuban youth delegation, made up of representatives of mass organizations, artists and academics, is participating in a series of activities in Vallegrande, Bolivia, to pay tribute to legendary Guerrilla fighter Ernesto 'Che' Guevara on the 50th anniversary of his death in the Andean nation on October 8th, 1967.
The gathering, which began Thursday, October 5th and runs through the 9th, has the participation of some 10,000 representatives of social movements, government officials, academics, and youth organizations from across Latin America and the world.
The Cuban delegation is being headed by Ronald Hidalgo Rivera, second secretary of the Young Communists League (UJC), who referred to Che as an icon of unity and an example of revolutionary struggle for Cubans and young people all over the world.
Among the main activities planned are guided tours of La Higuera, including the Ernesto Che Guevara school and museum, cultural galas, book presentations and art exhibitions.
- This weekend, Cubans serving abroad will have the opportunity to vote on the country’s new constitution
- Italian undersecretary of foreign affairs on official visit to Cuba
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba: It is imperative to halt an imperialist military intervention in Venezuela
- President Miguel Diaz-Canel assesses progress of recovery after devastating tornado
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2933
- today: 1180
- online: 114
- total: 5648260