Havana, November 9 (RHC)-- Engage Cuba, a U.S. national business coalition that supports lifting the blockade policy and expanding trade and travel, said the new regulations adopted by the Trump Administration introduce a “more convoluted, confusing and counterproductive approach to Cuba policy.”
Engage Cuba noted the new measures will hurt the Cuban private entrepreneurs that the U.S. claims to be helping.
In a statement, Engage Cuba said although the amount of US-Cuba economic interaction made possible under the changes introduced by the Obama administration had not grown as anticipated, a number of U.S. business and agricultural entities had continued to seek contracts in Cuba, and that while tourism to Cuba had remained prohibited under the blockade, American travel to Cuba under specified categories had nearly tripled. All that is now further limited, charges Engage Cuba.
- U.S. congressional delegation wraps up visit to Cuba
- Activists urge protest actions to demand closure of Guantánamo Naval Base
- Argentina, in the claws of the vultures!
- RHC's Segment 'The Voice of José Martí'
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Visiting US congressional delegation meets with President Raúl Castro, speaks to the media in Havana
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3797
- today: 2563
- online: 150
- total: 4376685