Rome, November 21 (RHC-Minrex)-- The President of the Italian Republic, Sergio Mattarella, has received the new Cuban ambassador to Italy, José Carlos Rodríguez Ruiz, who presented him with his credentials on Monday.
At the Quirinale Palace in Rome, the Cuban ambassador gave the Italian President the greetings of his Cuban counterpart, Raul Castro, and thanked him for the Italian vote in favor of the resolution approved by the United Nations General Assembly, on the the need to put an end to the economic, financial and commercial blockade by the United States against Cuba.
Ambassador Rodríguez Ruiz expressed Cuba's gratitude for the diligent emergency assistance provided by the Italian government, through the World Food Program (WFP), as a contribution to compensate for the damage caused by Hurricane Irma.
Both the Italian president and the ambassador of Cuba agreed on the good state of relations between Cuba and Italy, in the political, economic, and other fields. They also pointed to the existing potential and the common interest to continue developing them for mutual benefit and for the good of both peoples.
- Diaz Canel: No imperialist policy will deter Cuba
- Miguel Díaz-Canel: Unity is our Revolution's most formidable and powerful strength
- Cuba and Puerto Rico: Two wings of the same bird
- Four Bronze medals for Cuba in Judo Grand Prix
- RHC's scientific and medical review
- Cuban Parliament meets in full for 3rd Ordinary session of 9th Legislature
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3823
- today: 1245
- online: 118
- total: 6142396