Rome, January 16 (RHC)-- The Executive Director of the World Food Program (WFP) David Beasley has described as positive the organization's work relations with Cuba at all levels.
During a meeting in Rome with Cuban Ambassador José Carlos Rodríguez, Beasley expressed satisfaction with his recent visit to Cuba. He said that during his stay on the Caribbean island, he further confirmed the joint efforts by Cuban authorities and the people toward fully recovering from the devastation caused by Hurricane Irma last September.
The Cuban diplomat thanked the World Food Program for the assistance provided in the wake of the extreme weather phenomenon. He renewed Cuba's willingness to cooperate with the World Food Program in other areas and regions of the world.
The World Food program is the food-assistance branch of the United Nations and the world's largest humanitarian organization addressing hunger and promoting food security.
- Cuba and Puerto Rico: Two wings of the same bird
- Fermín Quiñones: Helms-Burton is against the international community
- RHC's scientific and medical review
- Anayansi Rodriguez: Fidel taught us to defend peace and noble causes around the world
- Fernández de Cossío: the current U.S. government wrongly believe that they can reedit the Monroe Doctrine in our region
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2630
- today: 343
- online: 93
- total: 5864746