Rome, January 16 (RHC)-- The Executive Director of the World Food Program (WFP) David Beasley has described as positive the organization's work relations with Cuba at all levels.
During a meeting in Rome with Cuban Ambassador José Carlos Rodríguez, Beasley expressed satisfaction with his recent visit to Cuba. He said that during his stay on the Caribbean island, he further confirmed the joint efforts by Cuban authorities and the people toward fully recovering from the devastation caused by Hurricane Irma last September.
The Cuban diplomat thanked the World Food Program for the assistance provided in the wake of the extreme weather phenomenon. He renewed Cuba's willingness to cooperate with the World Food Program in other areas and regions of the world.
The World Food program is the food-assistance branch of the United Nations and the world's largest humanitarian organization addressing hunger and promoting food security.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4132
- today: 2107
- online: 129
- total: 6745186