Cuban National Hero Jose Marti
Havana, January 26 (RHC)-- An article in Friday morning's edition of the Cuban newspaper Granma highlights the strong influence of National Hero José Martí on the political thinking and work of the historical leader of the Cuban Revolution Fidel Castro.
The special edition of the newspaper, dedicated to the 165th anniversary of the birth of Martí, focuses on the common principles of unity, solidarity, education and anti-imperialism that the two Cuban patriots promoted and defended throughout their whole lives.
The newspaper article also refers to the full validity of Martí's ideas in today's society, in Cuba, throughout Latin America and the Caribbean and beyond.
It also features a chronology of important moments in the life of Martí, who Fidel called the spiritual guide of the Cuban nation and people, as well as a series of texts and photos, dedicated to Martí --the man and the revolutionary leader.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4355
- today: 3817
- online: 143
- total: 6635564