Cuban President Raul Castro arrives in Venezuela to participate in ALBA-TCP Extraordinary Summit
Caracas, March 5 (RHC)-- Cuban President Raul Castro has arrived in Caracas, the Venezuelan capital, to take part in the XV Extraordinary Summit of the Bolivarian Alliance for the Peoples of Our America (ALBA-TCP). He, along with other leaders of the region, will also participate in ceremonies to commemorate the fifth anniversary of the death of Hugo Chavez.
The Venezuelan Minister of Defense, Vladimir Padrino López, received the Cuban president, who arrived Monday morning in Caracas, heading the Cuban delegation. Cuban Foreign Minister Bruno Rodriguez, who arrived earlier, is accompanying the Cuban head of state.
Bolivian President Evo Morales and Nicaraguan President Daniel Ortega also arrived Monday morning to take part in the regional summit.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4714
- today: 3590
- online: 168
- total: 6742537