Havana, Apr 11 (RHC) The deputy chairperson of the African Union Commission, Kwesi Quartey, paid homage on Wednesday to the historic leader of the Cuban Revolution Fidel Castro in the Santa Ifigenia cemetery in Santiago de Cuba, and laid flowers before the monolith that keeps his ashes.
“Men like Fidel Castro live eternally”, he said, and added the he is a source of inspiration for the daily lives of the African people.
The senior leader of the African Union proclaimed himself an admirer of Fidel Castro and recalled the enormous sacrifice of the children of the Cuban nation who helped achieve full freedom and independence of countries such as Algeria, Angola, Namibia and South Africa.
Quartey also paid tribute to Cuban heroes José Martí, Carlos Manuel de Céspedes and Mariana Grajales,
Kwesi Quartey is in Santiago de Cuba attending the 17th International Conference on African and African-American Culture, that opened on Wednesday
- RHC's national and international news stories Jan. 17
- President Diaz-Canel: Trump Administration blames others for its flaws in foreign policy
- Artists attending 35th edition of Jazz Plaza come from around the world
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Visit Cuba
- Notes on the Revolution / Column #58
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 11072
- today: 1960
- online: 215
- total: 7054562