Prima Ballerina Assolutta Alicia Alonso. Photo: File
Havana, May 28 (RHC)-- The Director of the Cuban National Ballet, Alicia Alonso, is traveling to Washington to take part in the Cuban arts festival on stage at the Kennedy Center.
The prima ballerina assoluta told the media in Havana that she expected her ballet company to have a memorable welcome in the U.S. capital when they perform at the Kennedy Center later this week. She recalled that it was 40 years ago that the Cuban National Ballet danced for the U.S. public for the first time.
The National Ballet of Cuba will present its version of the classic Don Quixote on Tuesday and Wednesday. Then, on Thursday, they will perform Giselle.
The world-renowned Cuban ballet company will also take the stage at the Kennedy Center on Sunday, June 3rd, during the closing of the festival. The “Artes de Cuba: From the island to the world” festival brought to the U.S. capital more than 400 artists from Cuba, including many currently based in third nations.
- Bruno Rodriguez: Despite threats and pressures, the US will never succeed in securing political concessions from Cuba
- NOTES ON THE REVOLUTION / Column 8
- RHC's sports report TIME OUT Sept.20
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Political crisis continues in Spain
- RHC's national and international news stories Sept. 19
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3543
- today: 823
- online: 110
- total: 6392124