Mailén Díaz Almaguer
Havana, June 8 (RHC)-- Mailén Díaz Almaguer, survivor of the May 18th air crash in Havana is responding positively to treatment, according to a note sent to Granma newspaper from Dr. Carlos Alberto Martínez, director of the Calixto García University Hospital, where the 19-year-old is being treated.
The doctor explained that Mailén was recently taken off a ventilator and is breathing on her own, after doctors managed to stabilize her organ systems. She is now undergoing a more advanced stage of treatment and is receiving psychological support. Dr. Martinez noted that the patient’s neurological state is gradually improving, she is conscious, and interacting with her surroundings.
Three weeks after the tragic air accident, in which 112 passengers and crew were killed shortly after take-off from Havana's Jose Marti International Airport, the only remaining survivor's condition continues to be very serious.
- U.S. Republican lawmakers favor agricultural trade between Cuba and the United States
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Terrible week in Guatemala
- Colombians in awe due to threat of disaster at hidroituango dam
- Cuba condemns OAS' interference in Venezuela's internal affairs
- U.S. imperialism has not succeeded in destroying Puerto Rican nationalism
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3919
- today: 1429
- online: 130
- total: 4836082