Havana, October 20 (RHC)-- Cuban President Miguel Díaz-Canel congratulated artists across the island on the occasion of October 20th -- National Culture Day. Through his account on the social network Tweeter, the president wrote: "Always defend our authentic Cuban ideas with unity."
Miguel Diaz-Canel said that intellectuals, artists, journalists and creators will always join in the activities that Cubans are known for: "struggling, singing, dancing, laughing and winning." And he added: "Cuba is resistance, joy, creativity, solidarity and life."
To celebrate the day on Saturday, representatives of various artistic and musical groups commemorated the 150th anniversary of first public presentation of our National Anthem, for which we observe National Culture Day.
- RHC's program 'Connecting the Dots'
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba condemns U.S. blockade at UN Human Rights Council
- Frei Betto affirms Cuba is the only country in the region that guarantees its population the rights to food, health, education
- Cuba & Puerto Rico are two wings of the same bird
- Cuban diplomat calls New Constitution a paradigm guaranteeing full enjoyment of all human rights by all Cubans
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 8608
- today: 8368
- online: 248
- total: 7371831