Havana, December 14 (RHC)—Cuba´s minister of Energy and Mines of Cuba, Raul Garcia Barreiro, says that all households on the island have access to electricity.
Speaking on the national TV Program Mesa Redonda, Garcia said that some 18 thousand houses located in remote rural areas, not connected to the national grid, have now access to electricity thanks to the installation of solar panels.
Garcia said that the island´s current power generating capacity surpasses 14 times the one that existed when the Revolution triumphed 60 years ago.
During the program, the minister made reference to the investments being made in renewable energy and said that 56 solar parks have been set up island wide.
- RHC's national and international news stories Sept. 16
- Cuba and Puerto Rico: Two wings of the same bird
- RHC's segment Notes on the Revolution Column #6 Sept. 16
- RHC's program Focus on Africa
- RHC's Arts Roundup Sept. 16
- A plot against the Roman Catholic Pope!
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3495
- today: 2344
- online: 165
- total: 6370406