Havana, January 2 (RHC)-- Cuban President Miguel Diaz-Canel commented on Wednesday about some of the concepts presented Tuesday by leader Raul Castro at the main event to mark the 60th anniversary of the triumph of the Revolution.
The president highlighted in several messages on Twitter ideas such as the new generations' responsibility to guarantee the continuity of the Socialist Revolution and the vision of its historic leader, Fidel Castro, which represents a process 'by the humble and for the humble'.
Diaz-Canel also praised the call made to the Cuban people by the Communist Party leader in Santiago de Cuba to support the Revolution in the referendum on the new Constitution of the Republic scheduled for February 24. In his speech at the Santa Ifigenia Cemetery, Raul Castro said on that day the people will demonstrate their overwhelming support for the Revolution and socialism.
Since October 10, Diaz-Canel has turned his Twitter account into a tool to post positions and to highlight Cuban issues. The head of State has posted more than 300 tweets and has nearly 68,000 followers.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 5179
- today: 3821
- online: 159
- total: 6669817