Havana, June 8 (RHC)-- The first secretary of the Cuban Communist Party (PCC) Raúl Castro Ruz, president Miguel Díaz-Canel and the PCC second secretary José Ramón Machado Ventura met Friday in Havana with Diosdado Cabello, president of the National Constituent Assembly of the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela.
During the exchange, both sides further confirmed the excellent state of bilateral friendship ties between both countries’ governments and peoples. They discussed preparations for the upcoming 25th Sao Paulo Forum, set for July in Caracas.
Communist Party leader Raúl Castro took the opportunity to renew Cuba’s unwavering support for the Venezuelan people and their constitutional leaders led by president Nicolás Maduro.
The Venezuelan legislator reiterated his country’s support for Cuba at a time both sister nations are the target of stepped up aggression by the Donald Trump Administration in Washington’s effort to re-instate the infamous Monroe Doctrine over Latin America.
Diosdado Cabello also took the chance to thank the Cuban government and people for the humanitarian work being developed by thousands of Cuban health professionals and teachers in Venezuela under existing cooperation programs.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 5024
- today: 2361
- online: 187
- total: 6653426