Cuban president inaugurates Melia Internacional Varadero. (Photo: Twitter @PresidenciaCuba)
Matanzas, September 15 (RHC)-- Cuban President Miguel Díaz-Canel officially inaugurated the new, five-star Hotel Meliá Internacional Varadero, located at Cuba's most famous beach resort.
The hotel has 946 rooms and will become a hotel of excellence, according to the president's official Twitter account -- @PresidenciaCuba.
Last month, the Cuban Minister of Tourism, Manuel Marrero, described the opening of the installation as successful, which has several restaurants, cafes and swimming pools.
At the end of June, Cuba had a total of 72,965 hotel rooms, of which 2,081 have been built in 2019. At the end of this year, the incorporation of 4,197 new rooms is planned.
Marrero reported that during the last session of the parliament -- the National Assembly of People's Power -- it was announced that Cuba hopes to attract more than 4.3 million visitors in 2019.
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran June 4, 20200
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 04, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran June 3, 20200
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 03, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 02, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran June 1, 2020
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 6525
- today: 345
- online: 345
- total: 8085473