Santiago de Cuba, May 17 (RHC)-- The Central Station of the National Seismological Service of Cuba confirmed the occurrence this Sunday afternoon of the seventh perceptible earthquake of this year.
The tremor was recorded at 4:47 p.m. local time, 20 kilometers south-southwest of the town of Chivirico, municipality of Guamá, in the province of Santiago de Cuba.
The earthquake had a magnitude of 4.6 on the Richter scale, and occurred at a depth of 5 kilometers, at 19.72 degrees North Latitude and -76.46 degrees West Longitude.
According to reports, the quake was felt in the municipalities of Guamá, Tercer Frente and Santiago de Cuba, in the province of Santiago de Cuba, as well as in the municipalities of Bartolomé Masó and Bayamo, in the province of Granma.
There have been no reports of damage or casualties.
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran June 4, 20200
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 04, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran June 3, 20200
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 03, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 02, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran June 1, 2020
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 6766
- today: 5073
- online: 180
- total: 8096967