Havana, May 28 (RHC) –- Media professionals from over 20 countries are attending the 9th Ibero-American Encounter on Gender and Communication underway in Havana until May 30th.
The challenge posed by the audience is the theme of the forum, hosted by the National Hotel in the Cuban capital, said Barbara Doval, vice-president of the Cuban Journalist’s Association (UPEC), which along the Cuban Women’s Federation and the Association of Social Communicators, has organized the international meeting.
Some of the issues for discussion include the relationship between community environments and the media, and how the public can contribute to draw up the programming of local media outlets.
Social networks as a new kind of audience, gender violence, sexuality and masculinity studies are also part of the agenda, said Doval, who said that 40 presentations will be discussed out of 100 that were previously acknowledged at regional gatherings last April.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4802
- today: 1597
- online: 172
- total: 6657464