Havana, August 2 (RHC)-- Dance and circus worked hand in hand to surprise and delight the audience at the inauguration this week of the 13th edition of the International Circus Festival –- Circuba 2014.
Present at the opening of the Festival at Havana’s Karl Marx Theater were more than 80 representatives of 14 nations, who for six days will bring to Cuban circus rings some of the best of this artistic expression in the area.
Cuba’s Contemporary Dance Group, the Lizt Alfonso Ballet and the National Folk Ensemble regaled the public with their art, in an unprecedented presentation.
The contest’s director and organizer, Marlene Gutierrez, welcomed participants in this fiesta of circus art.
Prior to the inauguration, a collective exhibition by 12 fine arts creators was inaugurated, entitled En la cuerda…artística, which reflects moments in the life of circus artists.
Over the next few days, those present at the Trompoloco Big Top, official venue of the Festival, will enjoy the performances of foreign troupes as important as Rosgoscirk, the State Circus of Russia, one of the biggest and oldest in the world.
Other locations will also host the contest, like the Copa Room Cabaret of the capital’s Riviera Hotel and the Karl Marx Theater.
After the conclusion of the Festival in Havana, the echoes of Circuba 2014 will get to other provinces in the country, like Santiago de Cuba, Camaguey, Matanzas and Cienfuegos.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4683
- today: 2488
- online: 456
- total: 6648529