Montevideo, August 5 (RHC) -– Uruguayan President Jose Mujica thanked Cuba for its medical support over the past several years, which included over 50,000 free eye surgeries and for what he called a great lesson of ethics.
Mujica congratulated 22 members of a Cuban brigade working in Uruguay and praised the support that the island gives to other countries of the world.
During a ceremony in a theater in the capital Montevideo, Mujica also thanked Cuba for having trained more than 400 doctors for his country. He said that “the doctors do not ask how much they will be paid or where they will have to go to offer their services; they go where they are needed, to the most remote areas, which were forgotten sometimes in this country, in order bring the people some hope.”
- President Raul Castro Congratulates Nicolas Maduro on PSUV´s Electoral Victory
- Council Members of the U.S. Cities of Tampa and St Petersburg Attend Business Forum in Cuba
- Confusion Prevails in Catalonia
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- World Food Program Praises Cuba's Record in Face of Natural Disasters
- Sochi Hosts World's Biggest Youth Event
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4823
- today: 3380
- online: 228
- total: 3837350