Havana, January 9 (RHC) -– The Illinois-based Community College Board is organizing an academic exchange trip to Cuba in mid February with the participation of the presidents of the Black Hawk and Carl Sandburg colleges.
Carl Sandburg College president Dr. Lori Sundberg said that Cuba is a totally different world and that this project will provide a unique opportunity to learn about Cuban history and culture.
She said that Black Hawk College President Bettie Truitt will also take part in the trip, noting: “It’s just a tremendous opportunity to go to a country where education is held in such high regard.” She said that Cuba has tried to do more with less for decades. As Illinois schools face financial challenges, there are some similarities within vast differences, said the official.
Recently, the U.S. Semester at Sea program visited Cuba and shared with local students. And professors and a group of students from the United States are touring several cities on the island to have a first-hand look at life in Cuba.
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Cuban leader congratulates Putin on winning presidential election
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Vladimir Putin will lead Russia through 2024
- Cuba supports projects to address climate change across Caribbean region
- Kenyan president inaugurates his country's embassy in Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3770
- today: 170
- online: 115
- total: 4469917