Los Angeles, April 11 (RHC) – U.S. travelers will be able to purchase online tickets for direct flights from New York, Miami and Tampa, Fla., to Cuba starting Wednesday on CheapAir, the first online travel retailer to offer such bookings, the Los Angeles Times reports.
"Charter flights to Cuba are nothing new," Jeff Klee, CheapAir's chief executive officer, said Friday. "What we're doing that is new is bringing online booking to it."
Travelers can buy tickets Wednesday and travel immediately, Klee said.
Daily flights from Miami to Havana cost $481 round-trip, including tax, Klee said. Charter flights also fly from New York once a week and Tampa twice a week. U.S. travelers also may book flights to other Cuban cities such as Santa Clara, Santiago and Cienfuegos.
CheapAir has partnered with one charter company, Cuba Travel Service, to offer the flights on its website.
- Cuba denounces maneuvers in Peru
- Cuban civil society thinks about America
- Cuban civil society debates agenda of upcoming Summit of the Americas
- Kenyan business executive says Cuba is a great place
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Manipulated minds can equal secured votes
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3909
- today: 4082
- online: 109
- total: 4481671