Havana, April 16 (RHC)-- Cubans are today celebrating the 54th anniversary of the proclamation of the socialist character of the Revolution and Militia Day, in honor of the Cuban combatants killed in April 1961, while confronting U.S.-paid and trained mercenaries at Bay of Pigs.
A front-page article in Thursday's edition of Cuba's daily newspaper Granma looks back on the historic day of April 16, 1961. On that day, Cuban leader Fidel Castro, while speaking at the burial ceremony for victims of the false flag bombings, called on the people to build a socialist revolution.
Cuba's Revolutionary Armed Forces announced that a 21-gun salute would be fired at the San Carlos de la Cabaña Fortress, Thursday evening to commemorate the date.
- President Raúl Castro Meets with Visiting Counterpart from Serbia
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Protests and Repression Continue in Argentina
- Cuba Renews Its Solidarity with Venezuela at ALBA-TCP Political Council
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuban Parliament President Esteban Lazo Meets with Serbian President
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 0
- today: 3610
- online: 199
- total: 4099565