Havana, April 16 (RHC)-- Cubans are today celebrating the 54th anniversary of the proclamation of the socialist character of the Revolution and Militia Day, in honor of the Cuban combatants killed in April 1961, while confronting U.S.-paid and trained mercenaries at Bay of Pigs.
A front-page article in Thursday's edition of Cuba's daily newspaper Granma looks back on the historic day of April 16, 1961. On that day, Cuban leader Fidel Castro, while speaking at the burial ceremony for victims of the false flag bombings, called on the people to build a socialist revolution.
Cuba's Revolutionary Armed Forces announced that a 21-gun salute would be fired at the San Carlos de la Cabaña Fortress, Thursday evening to commemorate the date.
- Fidel Castro: Neoliberalism is nobody's alternative
- Ralph Gonsalves urges regional unity toward peace and sustainable development
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Spain attempts to banish the ghost of the tyrant Franco
- Puerto Rico: the resistance movements in the 21st century colony
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2531
- today: 1777
- online: 51
- total: 4926080