Havana, April 17 (RHC) – Six Cuban hotels were nominated for the 2015 World Travel Awards, which acknowledge the excellence of tourist services and are considered the Oscar awards of tourism.
The nominations went to Paradisus Varadero and Paradisus Princesa del Mar, both facilities in the western tourist cent of Varadero, Matanzas province.
Another hotel nominated for the awards was the Paradisus Rio de Oro, in western Holguin province, according to Cubatravel, the website of the Cuban Tourism Ministry.
And the list is completed with the Melia Cohiba, in Havana; Melia Las Dunas in Santa Maria Key, central Villa Clara province and the Melia Cayo Coco in central Ciego de Avila.
All six hotels are under the management of the Melia International group and the nominations will include three prize categories, such as the Best Hotel of Cuba, Best Resort and Best Spa.
The prizes are usually granted after a strict evaluation process with the participation of over half a million professionals in the sector and clients from 170 countries of the world.
- RHC's program 'Connecting the Dots'
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba condemns U.S. blockade at UN Human Rights Council
- Frei Betto affirms Cuba is the only country in the region that guarantees its population the rights to food, health, education
- Cuba & Puerto Rico are two wings of the same bird
- Cuban diplomat calls New Constitution a paradigm guaranteeing full enjoyment of all human rights by all Cubans
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 8873
- today: 2690
- online: 185
- total: 7384133