Havana, June 4 (RHC)-- Children, adolescents and young Cubans will celebrate World Environment Day tomorrow, June 5th , with remedial, environmental protection and educational actions.
The president of the José Martí Pioneer Children's Organization, Nexy Veliz, said the initiative to commemorate the date will educate young people about environmental issues and provide an opportunity for participants to reaffirm their commitment to promote sustainable development.
The head of the children's organization also said that activities will include workshops, campings, excursions, lectures, research papers, exhibitions, community projects and tree planting.
- RHC's program 'Connecting the Dots'
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba condemns U.S. blockade at UN Human Rights Council
- Frei Betto affirms Cuba is the only country in the region that guarantees its population the rights to food, health, education
- Cuba & Puerto Rico are two wings of the same bird
- Cuban diplomat calls New Constitution a paradigm guaranteeing full enjoyment of all human rights by all Cubans
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 8873
- today: 2621
- online: 173
- total: 7384064