Havana, July 15 (RHC) -- The Cuban National Assembly of People's Power (Cuban Parliament) launched its official Twitter and Facebook pages, said Parliament's Communications Director Tubal Paez.
In coincidence with the sessions held this week by the Parliament's ten permanent commissions, the legislative body launched its first messages at @AsambleaCuba announcing the opening of the sessions prior to the Fifth Session of the Parliament.
Meanwhile, Facebook users can access the contents shared by the Parliament at the account “Asamblea Nacional de Cuba,” which include statements by lawmakers, photos and videos of the working sessions.
Paez said that the initiative aims at better informing the Cuban citizens about the activities of the National Assembly, its commissions and the People’s Power system in general.
Communications itself cannot do without interaction with the people because in the Cuban political system this exchange of ideas allows to build consensus, said Paez, and added that for a legislative body, which receives, debates and approves draft legislations it is very important to have people’s opinion through the social networks in search of new ways of contact with the population to know their opinions.
- President Raul Castro Congratulates Nicolas Maduro on PSUV´s Electoral Victory
- Council Members of the U.S. Cities of Tampa and St Petersburg Attend Business Forum in Cuba
- Confusion Prevails in Catalonia
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- World Food Program Praises Cuba's Record in Face of Natural Disasters
- Sochi Hosts World's Biggest Youth Event
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4823
- today: 859
- online: 183
- total: 3834829