Havana, October 8 (RHC)-- Cuban Foreign Minister Bruno Rodriguez received Penny Pritzker, Commerce Secretary of the United States, who carried out a working visit to the island. Rodriguez and Pritzker exchanged views on issues of bilateral interest, following the re-establishment of diplomatic relations on July 20th.
On Wednesday morning, the U.S. commerce secretary presided over a meeting between U.S. and Cuban representatives of business sectors, to explore the scope and limitations of the measures adopted by U.S. President Barack Obama in January and September of 2015.
After arriving on Tuesday in Havana, the experienced businesswoman toured the Special Development Zone of Mariel, where she could see the progress made in the works executed there to attract greater flows of foreign investment, aimed at revitalizing economic growth.
According to the program of her visit to Cuba which concluded on Wednesday, the secretary met with other senior officials of the Cuban Government to exchange views on the possibilities of promoting bilateral trade, as part of the process towards the normalization of relations between the two nations.
- Cuba pledges continued use of ITs for social justice goals
- RHC's Music Program 'From Havana' (Duo Buena Fe)
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Brazilians demand full investigation of Marielle Franco's assassination
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Cuban leader congratulates Putin on winning presidential election
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3770
- today: 3438
- online: 134
- total: 4473185