Havana, November 11 (RHC)-- Cuban and foreign delegates at the 19th General Assembly of the World Federation of Democratic Youth (WFDY) presented Cuban Revolution leader Fidel Castro with a painting in recognition of his unwavering support for the world organization and progressive youth movements around the world.
During a political and cultural gala held Tuesday here in Havana to mark the 70th anniversary of the World Federation of Democratic Youth, the First Secretary of the Young Communist League (UJC) Yuniasky Crespo received the painting from WFDY President Nicolas Papademetriou. It consists of a copy of the last portrait of Fidel painted by Ecuadorean artist, the late Oswaldo Guayasamin.
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Attorney Mara Verheyden-Hilliard: The U.S. government has sent a message that the Vienna Convention means NOTHING
- José Pertierra: U.S. security force operation at Venezuelan embassy violates international law
- U.S. medical student says coming back to study in Cuba allowed him to reconnect with his roots
- Migration and defense: main points in European elections
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2560
- today: 2219
- online: 107
- total: 5937042