Havana, June 6 (RHC-PL) -- President Raul Castro held separate talks Sunday in Havana with Haiti's Interim President Jocelerme Privert, the Presidents of Guyana David Granger, Suriname's Desire Delano Bouterse, and the Prime Minister of Jamaica, Andrew Holness.
The meetings were in the framework of the 7th Summit of the Association of Caribbean States (ACS), which concluded Saturday.
In his meeting with the interim president Privert, Raúl and the Haitian leader reviewed Cuba's cooperation with Haiti in several sectors. Raúl reiterated Cuba's commitment to continue supporting Haiti's recovery and development.
During the meeting between the heads of State of Cuba and Guyana, both sides discussed issues related to the functioning of the Development Center for Children's Stimulation –a regional project with Cuba's health and education assistance that emerged from the 5th Cuba-CARICOM Summit and whose headquarters will be based in Guyana.
- Raul Castro expresses full confidence in Miguel Diaz Canel
- Congratulations continue pouring in on election of Miguel Díaz-Canel as Cuba's President
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Miguel Díaz-Canel Bermúdez elected Cuba's New President
- Cuba's new president ratifies continuity of revolutionary process begun in 1959
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4081
- today: 1561
- online: 136
- total: 4595868