The 30th anniversary of Havana’s Fine Arts Biennial is being celebrated this year in May under the slogan “a living lab”.
Since 1984 the event has set a milestone in Cuban arts and culture, providing a space for the exchange of ideas and reflection. Since that date, connoisseurs and public from all walks of life who have taken a look at the newest tendencies in art production in Asia, Africa, the Middle East, Latin America and the Caribbean, have gathered in 11 editions of the biennial. The art event has also turned public spaces and open air places into living galleries, turning Havana into a large and plural art area.
At the gathering, sponsored and organized by Havana Wilfredo Lam Contemporary Art Center, the exhibition at the “living lab” will combine new pieces and others that have been on display on previous occasions. A debate forum on the biennials’ fruitful experiences and a photographic competition will be held during the encounter, where the public can participate with images captured in previous biennials.
MAKE A COMMENTAll fields required
- Luis Arce announces he will not attend the Summit of the Americas if the "exclusion of brotherly peoples" persists
- Argentina rejects exclusion of countries from Summit of the Americas
- President Díaz-Canel decorates farmers
- Cuba crowned champion of the First Caribbean Baseball Cup (f)
- Chilean journalist Francisca Sandoval, shot covering May Day rally, dies of wounds