Keeping undefeated even with three second-line boxers on the ring will be the challenge to take by Cuba’s Domadores next Friday against Azerbaijan’s Baku Fires at the World Baseball Series, in Havana’s Ciudad Deportiva Sports Center.
The Cubans will try to increase their 24 point collection, which they gathered in eight previous fights as they now head Group B under the coaching of Rolando Acebal. On the list for Friday are Leodán Núñez (52 kg), Pablo Vicente (60) and Yoandis Maceo (+91), and of course leading fighgters Roniel Iglesias (69) and Julio César La Cruz (81).
Azerbaijan has thus far gathered 17 points and brings to the Havana ring Olympic Bronze winner Teymur Mammadov (81) and Magomed Abdulhamidov (52) which constitute the big aspirations of the team, along with Hurshid Tojibaev (60), second in the continent, and university champ 2010 Arslanbek Makhmudov (+91).
MAKE A COMMENTAll fields required
- Mass vaccination against Covid-19 in Cuba unstoppable
- Miguel Angel Lopez celebrates with the Sada Cruzeiro team
- Peace of the Peoples Award to the Henry Reeve Contingent of Cuba
- UNICEF warns one million Afghan children face severe malnutrition
- More than 91,000 migrants crossed perilous Darien Gap this year