Kouyape, January 14 (RHC)-- More than a dozen people have lost their lives and at least one person has sustained injuries in a bomb attack targeting a mosque in Cameroon’s volatile northern region near the border with Nigeria. No group or individual has so far claimed responsibility for the deadly incident, but the Takfiri Boko Haram terrorist group, which is based in neighboring Nigeria, has carried out similar attacks in Cameroon. Over 100 people have reportedly lost their lives in the far north of Cameroon in about 20 bomb blasts blamed on the Nigeria-based Takfiri terrorists since July.
MAKE A COMMENTAll fields required
- Cuban President Miguel Diaz-Canel speaks at the commemoration of the start of Mexico's war of independence
- Bolivia denounces 36 more involved in 2019 coup against Evo Morales
- North Africa COVID cases plummeting after summer spike
- Venezuela accuses U.S. of attacking Banco de Venezuela
- Boxer Manny Pacquiao to run for president of the Philippines in 2022