The concert will celebrate the 15th anniversary of the city’s historic section’s Habana Radio station and the 55th anniversary of the Cuban Revolution. The performance, set for six p.m., is part of a tour of various neighborhoods that the troubadour has been involved in for more than three years.
Rodríguez will be joined by percussionist, Oliver Valdés; pianist Jorge Aragón; counter bassist, Jorge Reyes and vibraphonist Emilio Vega, as well as by singer Ivette Cepeda and her band Reflexión.
With more than twenty albums in four decades of artistic career, Silvio Rodríguez is currently one of the best known Cuban musicians and singers in the country and abroad. A founding member of the so called New Song Movement, along with Pablo Milanés, Noel Nicola and Vicente Feliú, Rodriguez has shared the stage with renowned figures of the island’s and the world’s music scene.
Guadalupe Salguero11/11/2014 07:39 pm
Uno de mis más grandes deseos es poder ver a Silvio en concierto nuevamente. Humildemente les pido de favor que me manden unas lineas diciéndome si tiene algun concierto en la Havana entre el 9 y el 17 de este Diciembre. Gracias anticipadas.
MAKE A COMMENTAll fields required
- Tropical Storm Ian advances through the Caribbean, threatening Jamaica, the Cayman Islands and Cuba
- Ben & Jerry’s founder says Unilever violating deal over Israel sale
- At least two killed after 6.8 magnitude earthquake rattles Mexico on Thursday
- Cambodian prime minister arrives in Cuba on official visit
- Bahamas, Grenada, and St. Vincent and Grenadines against the blockade of Cuba