Renowned Cuban poet, actor and musician, Luis Carbonell, also known as "the water-colorist of Antillean poetry”, passed away in Havana at the age of 90.
Born on July 26th, 1923, in Santiago de Cuba, Carbonell stood out for his unique way of saying poetry, and as a trainer of singers and repertoire expert with solid cultural knowledge. He also extensively trained solo singers to whom he accompanied as a pianist. He received the National Music and Humor Awards in 2003, plus other national and international prizes and recognitions.
MAKE A COMMENTAll fields required
- UN affirms Latin America faces prolonged crisis following pandemic
- Cuban President's tour boosted relations with strategic partners
- International Atomic Energy Agency ratifies collaboration with Cuba
- VIII Cuba-Caricom Summit to be held in Barbados
- Honduras declares national emergency over increasing criminal gang extortions