The photo exhibition Portrait of the Cuban Ballet School will open at the José Martí Memorial on October 27th as part of Havana’s 24th International Ballet Festival.
The exhibit by US photographer, Rebekah Bowman, and curated by Cuban video and documentary maker, Roberto Chile, includes some twenty large and medium size photographs, which show the multiple aspects of the daily ritual of classes and rehearsals at the famous Cuban Ballet School. Cuban National Ballet Company historian, Miguel Cabrera, said that the exhibit is a valuable testimony, a tribute to the institution’s rich legacy, and, in his words, a sample of the inexhaustible yeast that will feed Cuban ballet in the future.
MAKE A COMMENTAll fields required
- European Union Urges Israel to Stop Building Illegal Settlements
- Cuban tourism is secure and on the rise
- Financial Giant Wells Fargo Fined $185 Million for Creating Phony Accounts and Credit Cards
- 60th Anniversary of the Landing of the Granma
- Excerpts of Speech by Cuban President Raul Castro, December 3rd, Santiago de Cuba