The Santiago de Cuba Carnival, its famous “congas”, floats and street dancer’s parades have been declared a cultural heritage of the Cuban nation.
Cuban Culture Minister, Julián González, read before city residents and authorities the Cuban National Heritage Council resolution about what are considered Cuba’s best carnival. The declaration occurred just before its float and street dancer’s parade started on Saturday night.
The resolution says that the Santiago festivities are an expression of great popular cultural celebration and a fusion of music, theater and dance, highlighting the legacy of Santiago de Cuba’s Juan Bautista Martínez Soa for his work in introducing the Chinese horn in the popular fiesta. The declaration was presented to Santiago de Cuba’s Mayor, Raúl Fornés, in the form of a plaque.
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran June 3, 20200
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 03, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 02, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran June 1, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 01, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran May 31, 2020
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 6843
- today: 5276
- online: 307
- total: 8077178