The first Cuban carnival of salsa will be held on Feb. 25-28 next year in Havana and foreign artists are expected to attend, announced the Cuban music Suena Cubano website.
The event will be presided over by arranger and percussionist Maykel Blanco, who is planning to count on many of the most prestigious Cuban groups and foreign artists.
According to Blanco, "the objective is to promote and launch to the world the Salsa, Timba, Son, you name it, that is produced currently in Cuba, as well as dancing and other artistic expressions."
Blanco, director of Salsa Mayor, a well known Cuban salsa group, added that top quality production is also expected from the event to be enjoyed by Cubans and foreigners.
As part of proposals of this carnival, those interested in getting salsa dancing lessons may choose dancers from the different specialized dance saloons to be their instructors, he announced.
He said the program of this first Cuban salsa carnival will be made public soon.
- Some 60 Countries to Attend Havana's International Trade Fair FIHAV
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuba Helps Caribbean States Recover from Devastation Caused by Powerful Hurricanes
- RHC's Segment 'The Real Story'
- RHC's Interview with Patrick Manteiga, Editor and Publisher of La Gaceta Newspaper in Tampa
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4211
- today: 1609
- online: 165
- total: 3854433