The Cuban pair of Yanileydis Sanchez and Lidiannys Echevarria ranked second at the ninth stop of the 2019 NORCECA Beach Volleyball Tour after losing to the American couple made up of Corinne Quiggle and Falyn Fonoimoana.
According to the NORCECA website, Cubans fell in the final 0-2 (12-21 and 20-22) in 34 minutes, in a tournament based in Hato Mayor, the Dominican Republic.
The bronze medal went to the Canadian duet of Megan Nash and Alexandra Peletto, who defeated 2-0 (21-11 and 21-16) Costa Rica´s Mariela and Katherine Quesada.
With this result, Sanchez and Echevarria matched the performance achieved in the previous stop, with a stage also on Dominican soil, but in Boca Chica, where they debuted in the current circuit.
On that occasion, the Cuban duo was beaten 0-2 (13-21 and 21-13) in the final by the also Americans Kerri Walsh Jennings, three-time Olympic champion, and her current teammate Brooke Sweat.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 5179
- today: 1833
- online: 151
- total: 6667829