Buenos Aires, August 26 (RHC)-- In Argentina, the former head of the army during Argentina’s dirty wars has been convicted of crimes against humanity and sentenced to life in prison.
Now 89 years old, Luciano Benjamin Menendez was found guilty of presiding over hundreds of disappearances and kidnappings, as well as multiple cases of murder and torture, at a secret military base in Cordoba between 1975 and 1979.
The imprisoned ex-general is already serving multiple life sentences for other human rights abuses.
- Debates at ALBA Summit focus on regional situation
- RHC's national and international news stories Dec. 14
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3367
- today: 1739
- online: 165
- total: 6779380