Buenos Aires, August 26 (RHC)-- In Argentina, the former head of the army during Argentina’s dirty wars has been convicted of crimes against humanity and sentenced to life in prison.
Now 89 years old, Luciano Benjamin Menendez was found guilty of presiding over hundreds of disappearances and kidnappings, as well as multiple cases of murder and torture, at a secret military base in Cordoba between 1975 and 1979.
The imprisoned ex-general is already serving multiple life sentences for other human rights abuses.
- RHC's national and international news stories Oct. 17
- Spain's King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia to visit Cuba in November
- Imperialism and Revolution / Program 9
- RHC's segment on literature 'From the Bookshelf'
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's national and international news stories Oct. 16
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3983
- today: 3931
- online: 146
- total: 6494262