Quito, September 29 (RHC-Xinhua)-- China and Latin America are cooperating in order to make the world a more balanced and peaceful place, a senior Chinese state official said Tuesday in Ecuador.
Addressing the Latin American progressive meeting, ELAP 2016, Liu Hongcai, vice minister of International Affairs for China's Communist Party, said that China and Latin America have collaborated on numerous projects within various international organizations, including climate change and cultural issues.
The Chinese official said: “In a multi-polar world, where emerging powers are growing, a readjustment of power relations is needed that favors world peace.”
He noted also that Latin America was able to maintain a reasonable rate of economic growth despite the world crisis of capitalism, and added that China could provide regional countries with new technologies, which would open new possibilities for the modernization of the countries' industries."
- 6th Caricom-Cuba Summit Reaffirms Latin America and Caribbean as 'Zone of Peace'
- CARICOM and Cuba Leaders Renew Commitment to Advancing Sustainable Regional Development
- RHC's Music Program 'From Havana' (Havana sings to Sabina)
- RHC's Weekly Review
- RHC's Weekly Segment 'Breakthrough'
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4242
- today: 640
- online: 179
- total: 4083363