Quito, September 29 (RHC-Xinhua)-- China and Latin America are cooperating in order to make the world a more balanced and peaceful place, a senior Chinese state official said Tuesday in Ecuador.
Addressing the Latin American progressive meeting, ELAP 2016, Liu Hongcai, vice minister of International Affairs for China's Communist Party, said that China and Latin America have collaborated on numerous projects within various international organizations, including climate change and cultural issues.
The Chinese official said: “In a multi-polar world, where emerging powers are growing, a readjustment of power relations is needed that favors world peace.”
He noted also that Latin America was able to maintain a reasonable rate of economic growth despite the world crisis of capitalism, and added that China could provide regional countries with new technologies, which would open new possibilities for the modernization of the countries' industries."
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4683
- today: 1645
- online: 99
- total: 6647686