Austin, October 24 (RHC)-- In news from the United States, a group of white students at Texas State University stormed out of anthropology class after the professor explained all humans were descended from Africa. The walkout caused heated debate with the remaining students chanting “Black Lives Matter” and criticizing the racist attitude of their classmates.
According to the students, Professor R. Jon McGee opened his class with a discussion on race, which then developed into an overview of the Black Lives Matter movement and the conclusion modern humans evolved in Africa.
Justine Lundy, a student present, told International Business Times that the discussion was met with derision by many, with a fellow student sarcastically replying “sure.” This incident comes amid a wave of police killings against unarmed Black men. According to a Washington Post study, in 2015 alone around 965 people were fatally shot by U.S. Police -- with Black and Latino people disproportionately the victims.
- President Raúl Castro Meets with Visiting Counterpart from Serbia
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Protests and Repression Continue in Argentina
- Cuba Renews Its Solidarity with Venezuela at ALBA-TCP Political Council
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuban Parliament President Esteban Lazo Meets with Serbian President
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3914
- today: 2743
- online: 181
- total: 4106853