Venezuela’s Foreign Minister Delcy Rodríguez
Washington, March 29 (RHC)-- Venezuela’s Foreign Minister Delcy Rodríguez has accused Secretary General of the Organization of American States (OAS) Luis Almagro of being at the service of imperial powers, in his campaign against the South American nation.
Speaking at the OAS headquarters in Washington, DC, the top Venezuelan diplomat warned that the organization’s secretary general is an agent of U.S. interests.
Minister Rodríguez said her country has noted with concern and alarm that since Almagro assumed the post as OAS chief in 2015, he has devoted much time and energy to attack the Venezuelan government and people, "conducting himself in an unlawful, unilateral, arbitrary and biased manner."
She warned that the OAS secretary general acts as an agent of the interests of the United States and came to the regional organization with very clear orders: to end the Bolivarian Revolution, replace the constitutional President of Venezuela Nicolás Maduro and support the violent acts of extremists.
The Venezuelan foreign minister recalled that her nation is being subjected to an economic war, supported by international financial and media powers at the service of U.S. imperialism.
Almagro does not act alone, she emphasized, pointing out that he is fulfilling orders issued from Washington, and his actions are accompanied by the collusion of a small faction of countries within the OAS.
- Cuban President Miguel Díaz-Canel receives WHO and PAHO directors
- U.S. activist: Unity, the most important five-letter word in the Cuban Revolution
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- WHO director-general: Cuba is an example for many countries
- Evo Morales ratifies Bolivia's support for Cuba
- Bolivian president Evo Morales begins official visit
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3685
- today: 3744
- online: 109
- total: 4608549