Washington, May 26 (RHC)-- In what is being reported as a major setback to U.S. President Donald Trump, the U.S. 4th Circuit Court of Appeals has refused to reinstate Trump’s ban on all refugees and citizens of six majority-Muslim nations from entering the United States.
In the majority decision, Chief Judge Roger Gregory wrote that Trump’s executive order uses "vague words of national security, but in context drips with religious intolerance, animus, and discrimination."
The U.S. Justice Department has vowed to challenge the appeals court ruling and take it to the Supreme Court.
- RHC's national and international news stories Jan. 17
- President Diaz-Canel: Trump Administration blames others for its flaws in foreign policy
- Artists attending 35th edition of Jazz Plaza come from around the world
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Visit Cuba
- Notes on the Revolution / Column #58
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 11521
- today: 7059
- online: 208
- total: 7037430