Geneva, March 3 (RHC) -- A demonstration in support of Venezuela and the government of President Nicolas Maduro will take place Wednesday in front of the Place des Nations in the Swiss city of Geneva.
The rally takes place in the framework of the 25th Session of the UN Human Rights Commission underway in Geneva.
Wilma Jung, coordinator of the Bolivarian Committee in Switzerland, told reporters: “First of all, we want to express our solidarity to the Venezuelan people and to re-establish the truth about what's really happening there, where wealthy opposition sectors are trying to take down the government by creating a environment of violence and destabilization.”
The activist said these far-right opposition circles are doing everything within their reach for the crisis to escalate, also mentioning the involvement of Colombian paramilitary groups in the unrest.
The rally at the Place des Nations also pays tribute to the late Venezuelan leader Hugo Chavez, as this March 5th marks the first anniversary of his death.
- Cuban historian: the public debate is a fundamental step in any constitutional reform process
- Cuban media follows closely the public debate on the draft Constitution
- Fidel Castro: “I'm not important. It is the six million Cubans back home that follow this visit who matter to me"
- Eusebio Leal: the public debate on the draft of constitution allows for advancing towards a stronger, more united nation
- Cuban-American: our participation in the constitutional reform process can help us find the way to talk with just one voice
- Cuban-Americans need to put pressure on their senators and congresspeople to change U.S.-policy towards Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2961
- today: 1247
- online: 119
- total: 5048546