Geneva, March 3 (RHC) -- A demonstration in support of Venezuela and the government of President Nicolas Maduro will take place Wednesday in front of the Place des Nations in the Swiss city of Geneva.
The rally takes place in the framework of the 25th Session of the UN Human Rights Commission underway in Geneva.
Wilma Jung, coordinator of the Bolivarian Committee in Switzerland, told reporters: “First of all, we want to express our solidarity to the Venezuelan people and to re-establish the truth about what's really happening there, where wealthy opposition sectors are trying to take down the government by creating a environment of violence and destabilization.”
The activist said these far-right opposition circles are doing everything within their reach for the crisis to escalate, also mentioning the involvement of Colombian paramilitary groups in the unrest.
The rally at the Place des Nations also pays tribute to the late Venezuelan leader Hugo Chavez, as this March 5th marks the first anniversary of his death.
- Cuban Parliament President Esteban Lazo Meets with Serbian President
- Widespread International Rejection of Donald Trump's Decision on Jerusalem
- ALBA-TCP General Secretary Highlights in Havana Importance of Unity among Latin American Peoples
- RHC's Interview with Puerto Rican Singer and Songwriter Pepe Sánchez (Part III)
- RHC's Interview with Puerto Rican Singer and Songwriter Pepe Sánchez (Part II)
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 0
- today: 1319
- online: 189
- total: 4097274