Protesters marched with baby strollers towards a migrant detention centre in New York City on Sunday to demonstrate against US President Donald Trump's immigrat
New York, June 25 (RHC)-- Protesters marched with baby strollers towards a migrant detention center in New York City on Sunday to demonstrate against U.S. President Donald Trump's immigration policies.
Trump's administration has been roundly condemned for its treatment of migrants at the southern border after 2,300 children were separated from their parents between mid-April and May.
Eric Adams, the Brooklyn Borough President, explained that the city's multiculturalism makes it such a sore point for those who turned out for the protest.
"When we watch a child being snatched from a parent from Mexico, every child that is here we look at it and say 'that can't happen, not in the America that we want to be a part of'," he said.
- RHC's Corner Taken Quickly
- RHC's national and international news stories Sept. 13
- Miguel Diaz-Canel: None of the measures we are implementing are improvised
- RHC's segment Notes on the Revolution Column #5 Sept. 13
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show Sept. 13
- Cuba will never renounce its solidarity with Venezuela
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2914
- today: 848
- online: 102
- total: 6365415