Protesters marched with baby strollers towards a migrant detention centre in New York City on Sunday to demonstrate against US President Donald Trump's immigrat
New York, June 25 (RHC)-- Protesters marched with baby strollers towards a migrant detention center in New York City on Sunday to demonstrate against U.S. President Donald Trump's immigration policies.
Trump's administration has been roundly condemned for its treatment of migrants at the southern border after 2,300 children were separated from their parents between mid-April and May.
Eric Adams, the Brooklyn Borough President, explained that the city's multiculturalism makes it such a sore point for those who turned out for the protest.
"When we watch a child being snatched from a parent from Mexico, every child that is here we look at it and say 'that can't happen, not in the America that we want to be a part of'," he said.
- Debates at ALBA Summit focus on regional situation
- RHC's national and international news stories Dec. 14
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3718
- today: 2302
- online: 141
- total: 6776576