Peruvian opposition leader Keiko Fujimori under arrest. Photo: Democracy Now
Lima, October 11 (RHC)-- Peruvian opposition leader Keiko Fujimori has been arrested as part of an investigation into money laundering. Keiko, who is the daughter of former President Alberto Fujimori, was placed in police custody as part of the preliminary inquiry in a "fiscal investigation."
She was detained when she arrived at the state prosecutor's office to testify about the case, which also includes allegations of illegal contributions to her political party by Brazilian construction company Odebrecht, attorney Giuliana Loza said.
"There is no element of conviction and any evidence against her and we do not understand how an abusive, arbitrary requirement may have caused the freedom of Keiko Fujimori to be cut," Loza told local radio station RPP.
- Cuban president calls for sensitivity in facing damage from Hurricane Michael
- Fidel Castro: Our enemies' hatred grows as our Revolution strengthens
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Good news from Guatemala
- President Miguel Díaz-Canel says 150 years later Cuban Revolution is the same and so are its challenges
- Cuba: The Revolution that began 150 years ago lives on today
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3898
- today: 2696
- online: 144
- total: 5241128